Planning and Development Lawyer – Melbourne
Laws affecting town planning, the environment, and local government regulations can affect any planned developments. LGM advisors can assist you in these areas by advising you of your obligations, and assisting you in applying for permission to develop an area.
We offer strategic and practical advice relating to regulatory, planning, and environmental issues to investors, owners, developers, construction companies, consultants, and local councils regarding development.
Our key services in these areas include:
- Advising on planning controls or other regulatory requirement
- Preparing applications and any environmental assessments or other supporting documentation
- Advising on heritage laws, emissions reporting and trading, energy efficiency and renewable energy, and legislation that protects native vegetation or threatened species
- Handling prosecutions or disputes relating to development
- Drafting documents involved in the development process
- Drafting environmental planning instruments, planning agreements and other planning documentation and statutory interpretation
- Planning controls
- Heritage laws
- Assessing environmental management systems
- Emissions reporting and trading
- Energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Native vegetation and threatened species legislation
- The law and practice of government administration
- Disputes (see our alternative dispute resolution and commercial litigation sections for further details)
We provide practical and strategic advice in relation to environmental, planning and regulatory issues and act for owners, investors, developers, construction companies, local councils and consultants involved in development.