Competition and Consumer Lawyer – Melbourne
There are strict requirements laid out under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (formerly Trade Practices Act) which Australian businesses are required to comply with. Failure to comply with these requirements can cause embarrassment, loss of customers or clients, and the issuing of substantial penalties. LGM Advisors Competition and Consumer Lawyers in Melbourne are able to assist you in developing and adopting measures to ensure that your business complies with its requirements under the Act. We can do this by providing you with advice specific to your organisation regarding employee education and training and general compliance measures.
LGM Advisors Competition and Consumer Lawyers are able to provide assistance with:
- Compliance with the requirements of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
- Unfair practices, including in regard to marketing, product labeling, country of origin, distribution, and other consumer protection issues under the Act.
- Warranties requirements as laid out under Australian Consumer law.
- What may constitute misleading or deceptive conduct.
- Regarding anti competitive conduct and agreements
- Advice and assistance in dealing with ACCC investigation and enforcement, including prosecutions and immunity arrangements.
- Implied terms and conditions in contracts.
- Unfair contracts.
- Unconscionable conduct.
Our legal experts are also able to advise on and assist with disputes in Australian courts arising from restrictive trade practices and deceptive or misleading conduct. We are able to provide practical and strategic guidelines tailored specifically to your circumstance so that costs and impact on your business are minimised.